Historical Background of St. Francis School
St. Francis Sr. Sec. School is a minority Community institution run by Prabhudasi Sisters Education Society (PSES) (Regd.).
This institution was established by the FSMA Sisters in the year 1929. Until the year 1965 the school was governed by FSMA
Sisters. In 1965 the school was handed over to the PSA Sisters. From 1965 to 1996 the school was managed under the RCDES
(Roman Catholic Diocesan Education Society) On 1st April 1997 (PSES) Prabhudasi Sisters Education Society was formed
and it was registered on 26th February 1998 under Rajasthan regulation No. 28, 1998. In the year 2000 this Society got, its
The main aim of this school was to widely promote and provide education to the people of Alwargate area because at that time
there was lack of inclination towards education. Due to the hard work of the staff and keen interest and co-operation of the
local people, this school had remained the biggest and best Primary school of Rajasthan from the year 1929-2002.
Looking to the great demand of parents this school was upgraded to Middle level in the year 2003 and thereafter to the
Secondary level in 2006 and complying to demand of the parents and the need of the place the management has decided to
raise the school to Senior Secondary level with all the streams in the year 2008.
Presently the school is preparing boys and girls for the Secondary and Senior Secondary examination. The institution is
running the faculties of Arts, Commerce and Science (Maths & Bio) recognized by the Board of Sec. Education Rajasthan.
Respecting to the great demands of the parents in the present seneario the school has decided to change its Medium of
instructions from Hindi to English from April 2010. Presently we have English Medium classes from L.K.G. to IX.
Correspondingly the English Medium will be introduced classwise every year.
From the very beginning this school is imparting education to both boys and girls (co-education). The main aim of the
school is to provide an all round development to its students and to give them a sound intellectual, physical and moral training,
inculcating in them the value of perseverance, so that they turn out to be good and upright citizens for time and eternity.
Due to the hard work and dedication of the staff the Board examination results have been consistently 100%. There has
been inumerable of obtaining ‘Gragi Purskhar’ and distinction marks in various subjects. In the year 2005 Miss Dimple
Sharma, obtained 5th position and in the year 2009 Miss Shabanam Khan obtained 2nd position at District level 8th Board Exams
thereby glorified the name of their parents and the institution as well. With the advent of 20th century and to face the high-
tech emerging era, the school has been introduced computer education from class I to XII.
Along with the academics the institution lay a great stress on the co-curricular activities and Sports. Every Morning and
evening the students get coaching under the able guidance of trained coaches in various games and sports. Therefore the
students represented in district, State and National levels and secured good positions.
Presently, about 1750 students and 60 staff members are there in the school. By the grace and providence of Almighty
God and due to the untiring and selfless hard work, love and co-operation of the staff the school is progressing day by day.
“All things are possible with God”